Seed funding is available to Consortium members and partners for research aimed at advancing knowledge of Child and Youth trauma in 2023 and 2026. Selected projects address current gaps in trauma-focused practice and policy.
The next call for proposals will take place in 2026.
After a thorough review by our evaluation committee, we are happy to announce the 5 projects that have been selected for the Consortium’s seed funding for bold & new research initiatives in trauma-informed care.
Each research project will be receiving $25,000 CAD from the Consortium:
- Developing a trauma informed care virtual interactive AI simulation learning experience focused on vulnerable youth signaled for exposure to domestic violence (EDV) and/or serious behavioural disturbances (SBD).
- Placements and moves of young people in youth protection: what practices for a greater respect of the right to participation?
- The Caregiver Online PsychoEducation (COPE) Project: Scaling trauma-informed resources for caregivers of children exposed to trauma.
- Capturing the youth voice to inform outcomes for Child and Youth Advocacy Centres.
- Adapting an educational stress workshop for middle school children: A trauma informed, youth participatory approach.
Congratulations to all the recipients!